Interested in becoming a Passports with Purpose beneficiary?
Learn more about who we work with, or scroll down to submit an application to become a PwP charity.
Who We Work With
Each year the Passports with Purpose board members select a charity based on several criteria, along with our sense of what would inspire us and the travel blogging community.
Here’s are the types of projects we like to fund:
- We like causes that help people in poverty, especially women and children. (If you want to know why, check out Half the Sky and The Girl Effect).
- We’re open to working anywhere in the world. Because we place a value on all human lives being of equal value, we especially like countries and causes where our dollars impact many people.
- We like measurable goals with a tangible outcomes. Past projects have included schools, homes and libraries.
- There must be a transition plan that defines what will happen when our financial support comes to an end. We choose projects that have a sustainability plan built in.
- Because participating bloggers represent a wide range of backgrounds and beliefs, we shy away from charities with a strong religious or political affiliation.
- We want to show our donors what they accomplished! The project should be open to visits — as convenient for the hosts — either during or after construction. We love to receive photos and stories that we can share as our fundraising is underway and as construction is underway.
- Your organization must have a track record of at least three years of consecutive success with previous projects.
- You must have the ability to provide us with regular updates on progress throughout the project.
- Your organization must not have any religious affiliation.
- You must have the ability to accept funds through PayPal.
- You must be a United States-based non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service.
- The funding request should be between $25,000 and $100,000 and you should have the ability to complete the project even if the funding goal is not reached.
Submit an Application
Charities can apply to be a beneficiary using this application. Applications for 2015 are due March 16, 2015. If you have any questions, please email us at info at passportswithpurpose dot org.
Get more information about past projects HERE.