Got a travel blog? You have what you need to support PwP!
There are two phases for your engagement. First, you’ll get a prize to give away, then you’ll let the PWP crew know you’re ready to go.
Ready, Set… How to prepare for our annual fundraiser:
- Sign up now.
- Procure a prize. Prizes do best if they have your wholehearted endorsement, so approach only companies whose products you love. You’ll blog about your prize when the fundraiser opens, so choose a prize that appeals to your readership. Heads up, your prize must meet our guidelines.
New to working with PR? Here are some helpful procurement tips. If you’d like to host a prize, but don’t yet have the PR contacts to help you procure something great, let us know here. We can’t make any promises, but if something great comes our way that seems like a fit for your blog, we’ll connect the dots.
- Submit a procurement form. This required form tells us the terms your sponsor has laid out for your prize. You must have the sponsor submit the form; you are responsible for making sure they do so.
- Post About Passports with Purpose: Effective blog posts explain what PwP does and include a personal story or appeal. Tell your readers why you participate in PwP, it matters.
- Host a Badge or Banner Ad: Anyone can support Passports with Purpose by posting our widget on your blog. Got ad space? Consider hosting one of our Passports with Purpose widgets.
- Tell a Friend: Social media and good old fashioned word of mouth are great ways to spread the word. Become a fan of PwP on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and share this site.
Here’s what you need to do at launch of 2012 Fundraiser. More details to come.
- Write your blog post.
- Set your blog post to publish on or after November 27 at 11:59pm (EST).
- Tell us about your blog post, here.
- Engage your audience.