Got a travel blog? You have what you need to support PwP!
Ready, Set … How to prepare for the annual fundraiser:
- Sign up now. Please note: If you plan to participate in 2014 we need to have you fill out this form so we know you are on board and can send you email updates!
- Procure a prize. Prizes do best if they have your wholehearted endorsement, so approach only companies whose products you love. You’ll blog about your prize when the fundraiser opens, so choose a prize that appeals to your readership. Heads up, your prize must meet our guidelines. New to working with PR? Here are some helpful procurement tips. If you’d like to host a prize, but don’t yet have the PR contacts to help you procure something great, let us know here. We can’t make any promises, but if something great comes our way that seems like a fit for your blog, we’ll connect the dots.
- Submit a procurement form. We are currently working on the backend of our site to streamline and improve our catalogue and our submission process. That means the procurement form is not live at the moment. The deadline for completing the procurement form is Thursday, November 6, 2014; the form will be live before then and will be available from this page, so please check back. We will also be emailing all participating bloggers who have signed up on our site as soon as the form is live.
- Post about Passports with Purpose and the prize you are hosting: Have your blog post written by Saturday, November 29, 2014, but set your blog post to publish on or after Monday, December 1, 2014 at 11:59pm EST, the first day of the 2014 fundraiser. Effective blog posts explain what PwP does and include a personal story or appeal. Tell your readers why you participate in PwP, it matters.
The following are things you can do to help, whether you host a prize or not:
- Hosting a Badge: Anyone can support Passports with Purpose by posting our widget on your blog.
- Tell a Friend: Social media and good old fashioned word of mouth are great ways to spread the word. Become a fan of PwP on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and share this site.
2014 Dates to Remember:
Thursday, November 6: Deadline for submitting prize and for blogger’s prize sponsor to complete the prize procurement form.
Saturday, November 29: Submit link(s) to PwP blog post to the PwP catalog form.
Monday, December 1, 11:59PM (EST): Blogger posts go live! PwP open for donations!
Wednesday, December 17, 11:59PM (EST): Donations for prizes close. Note: We’ll still take donations, but no more drawing entries.
Sunday, December 21: We’ll notify prize winners and host bloggers.