Got a travel blog? You have what you need to support PwP!
Ready, Set … How to prepare for the annual fundraiser:
- Sign up now. Please note: If you plan to participate in 2014 we need to have you fill out this form so we know you are on board and can send you email updates!
- Procure a prize. Prizes do best if they have your wholehearted endorsement, so approach only companies whose products you love. You’ll blog about your prize when the fundraiser opens, so choose a prize that appeals to your readership. Heads up, your prize must meet our guidelines. New to working with PR? Here are some helpful procurement tips. If you’d like to host a prize, but don’t yet have the PR contacts to help you procure something great, let us know here. We can’t make any promises, but if something great comes our way that seems like a fit for your blog, we’ll connect the dots.
- Submit a procurement form. Either you or your sponsor needs to fill out our procurement form. The deadline for completing the procurement form is Monday, November 10, 2014. Please note: A confirmation of the form submission will be emailed to the donor email address that’s entered in the form. We are working on adding the blogger email address as well, but don’t yet have that functionality. If your sponsor fills out the form for you, you can ask them to forward you the email confirmation they receive.
- Post about Passports with Purpose and the prize you are hosting: Have your blog post written by Saturday, November 29, 2014, but set your blog post to publish on or after Monday, December 1, 2014 at 11:59pm EST, the first day of the 2014 fundraiser. Effective blog posts explain what PwP does and include a personal story or appeal. Tell your readers why you participate in PwP, it matters.
The following are things you can do to help, whether you host a prize or not:
- Hosting a Badge: Anyone can support Passports with Purpose by posting our widget on your blog.
- Tell a Friend: Social media and good old fashioned word of mouth are great ways to spread the word. Become a fan of PwP on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and share this site.
2014 Dates to Remember:
Monday, November 10: Deadline for submitting prize and for blogger’s prize sponsor to complete the prize procurement form.
Saturday, November 29: Submit link(s) to PwP blog post to the PwP catalog form.
Monday, December 1, 11:59PM (EST): Blogger posts go live! PwP open for donations!
Wednesday, December 17, 11:59PM (EST): Donations for prizes close. Note: We’ll still take donations, but no more drawing entries.
Sunday, December 21: We’ll notify prize winners and host bloggers.