Passports with Purpose relies on a global network of travel bloggers, sponsors, public relations professionals, travel service and product providers, media, and the generosity of hundreds of donors who make small donations that add up to a significant combined total — enough to build schools, homes, libraries and more.
How does it all come together?
- Charities can apply to be a PwP beneficiary using this form
- The PwP team evaluates all applications and selects a recipient for the current year. This is usually announced at the TBEX conference.
- We recruit bloggers through our social media and personal networks.
- We engage sponsors, trading promotion of their product or service for a donation.
- With the support of public relations pros and travel providers, those bloggers find something great to give away. Our participating bloggers promote their prize to their audience.
- We publish a catalog of all those great giveaways.
- We spread the word, again through our collective network.
- Our friends, family, readers, and the people we connect with through the web make small donations for a shot at getting something great.
- We give all the money away. All of it — minus the transaction fees charged by PayPal — go to the beneficiary we’ve selected for the year.
- We do a random draw and give away all the great prizes too.